Old August 11th 17, 03:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default When will the dummy channels be removed?

On Wednesday, 9 August 2017 09:14:07 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Anyone know when all the dummy old channels will go away on Freeview?

Typically they won't, but will be replace by dumb channels - e.g. shopping, religion etc...

Until
that occurs I fancy my local mux channels will have to remain over ch 800. I
have been told by some people that the system is basically stuffed by the
huge number of channels and suffers this issue due to this. It has no memory
to shove things into the right slots, which might also explain some repeats
as well without the we have moved messages.

Brian