Old August 11th 17, 07:46 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default When will the dummy channels be removed?

Well turning on my set top box yesterday said in a gruff synthetic voice.
Alert. On the 16th August, you may find changes to your cchannels and have
to make adjustments blah blah.
So one assumes this is the date they are removing all the clutter, unless
its another round of changes on top of the last ones that is.

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Well, True Christmas normally replaces one of the others, like True
movies.

I also suspect that the constant renaming of channels but with similar
content is a ruse to make it impossible for them to be forced to after
Audio description.

The films Sony Movies put out nearly all have AD in the cinema versions
and on dvd, so it would I'd have thought be very difficult to justify
their current lack of this feature on any film they screen.

What is the matter with these people?

wrote in message
On Wednesday, 9 August 2017 09:14:07 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Anyone know when all the dummy old channels will go away on Freeview?

They're probably waiting until the Sparkly Tat Christmas Shoppe comes on
air.

Owain