Old August 6th 17, 12:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Terry Casey[_2_]

Default Wenvoe woes

In article ,
lid says...

The aerial was a 5-bay (7-element in old money) x-beam
feeding an SLX 6-output amp. In my opinion the aerial was
misaligned, pointing up about 20 degrees, and south of the
correct line to Wenvoe (the cottage next door had perfect
reception on SD with its 9-element x-beam).

Any comments on the poor SD reception?

Well, the aerial misalignment wouldn't have helped but are
you sure that the amplifier was working?

If it was accessible I'd have carried out two checks - is it
cold? (no power) and tried bypassing it by connecting the
input to one of the active outputs to see if it corrected
the problem on the set it fed.

Were the sets tuned to the correct transmitter? Assuming
that the good muxes came from Wenvoe - reception of "Made
in Cardiff" says that some of them were from Wenvoe but were
the poor/missing ones being attempted from Mendip?

--

Terry