Old July 22nd 17, 08:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default I can't get rid of the smell

Ah right, erm, however I fear its not my skin, perhaps its the skin of all
the flies, wasps and other critters that seem to like my house. Moths daddy
longlegs and goodness knows what else. I don't see them now but I do hear
them flying about.
Then there are the spiders, I wonder what burning web is like?
No I am hopeful the smell is beginning to wane now. However having just had
the gardener with his two stroke strimmers and chain saws and hedge trimmers
and posh lawn mower here, it has now been replaced by a kind of cut
greenerery and burned oily smell.

"Norman Wells" wrote in message
On 21/07/2017 17:29, Brian Gaff wrote:
T'other day, I put on my not that old TV. I never normally use it when
I'm
here on my own as the screen is a little redundant. However it was dusty
inside it and as it got warm it made a smell not unlike that combination
of
old fan heater and melting transformer varnish one gets on older gear. No
its flat screen, but anyway, eventually I forgot about it and yet since
then all I can smell is this smell. Its in my nose even if I'm in another
house.
Has anyone heard of this before? I know sometimes when you are ill you
get
spurious smells but I don't think that is the case here, unless some bugs
living in my TV have taken up residency in my nose.
Brian

Dust is largely made up of skin particles that you've shed. The smell you
notice is that of burning skin. It's important for survival of the
species that you recognise it and dislike it.