Old July 21st 17, 09:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Norman Wells[_6_]

Default I can't get rid of the smell

On 21/07/2017 17:29, Brian Gaff wrote:
T'other day, I put on my not that old TV. I never normally use it when I'm
here on my own as the screen is a little redundant. However it was dusty
inside it and as it got warm it made a smell not unlike that combination of
old fan heater and melting transformer varnish one gets on older gear. No
its flat screen, but anyway, eventually I forgot about it and yet since
then all I can smell is this smell. Its in my nose even if I'm in another
house.
Has anyone heard of this before? I know sometimes when you are ill you get
spurious smells but I don't think that is the case here, unless some bugs
living in my TV have taken up residency in my nose.
Brian

Dust is largely made up of skin particles that you've shed. The smell
you notice is that of burning skin. It's important for survival of the
species that you recognise it and dislike it.