Old July 21st 17, 04:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default I can't get rid of the smell

T'other day, I put on my not that old TV. I never normally use it when I'm
here on my own as the screen is a little redundant. However it was dusty
inside it and as it got warm it made a smell not unlike that combination of
old fan heater and melting transformer varnish one gets on older gear. No
its flat screen, but anyway, eventually I forgot about it and yet since
then all I can smell is this smell. Its in my nose even if I'm in another
house.
Has anyone heard of this before? I know sometimes when you are ill you get
spurious smells but I don't think that is the case here, unless some bugs
living in my TV have taken up residency in my nose.