Old July 14th 17, 11:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robin[_8_]

Default BT/Plusnet TV Recorder (DTR-T2100)

On 14/07/2017 09:36, NY wrote:

Software such as VLC on my PC can play SD and HD at fast speed - I've
had SD at 4x (sound is not very intelligible!) and HD at about 3x before
I can see jerkiness. That's for off-air TS files in both cases.

And when faced with x265 encoding (HEVC/H.265) at 1080p VLC on my PC
gives pretty well gives up and presents a grey screen above 2x -
although it's only an i5-6600K using the integrated graphics.

Perhaps 4k TV will be a cunning plan to make it harder to FF through the

Robin