Old July 14th 17, 07:22 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Philips with extended accessibility

Of course we all know that Philips, like many other brands does not really
exist any more, I think its a brand licensed to some company called
something like Funei co Japan, who I'd imagine make it all in some low wages
economy some place.

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Jul 2017 12:45:01 -0700 (PDT), "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:

On Thursday, 13 July 2017 19:55:19 UTC+1, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 13/07/2017 16:32, Brian Gaff wrote:
I've been told by several sources that all manufacturers who sell tvs
in the
USA are now forced to make the voice menu driven, ie they need to
speak
menus.
Philips are making great play on this over here, so the big question
is,
what is the way to find if these tvs really do have the voice. I bet
its not
on by default and if its being forced on them by the fcc in the
states,
surely we should now see it world wide?
Brian

Go to Richer Sounds who are usually helpful and knowledgeable, and ask
them to find out for you.

Jim

Good advice! In fact buy from them if you can.

+1
--

Martin in Zuid Holland