Old July 13th 17, 12:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

Default Freeview Explore

On 13/07/17 12:01, Richard Tobin wrote:
In article ,
Max Demian wrote:

"Freeview Explore will roll out on Freeview Play TVs and set-top boxes
this month and paves the way for Freeview to build a deeper relationship
with viewers. From today, users can search for programmes by genre or
programme name. [...]

My old(ish) Humax Fox can search for programmes in the EPG by name
(actually substring) or genre, and also has an (annoying) recommendation
feature (that I can't turn off). So what's new?

Presumably you will be able to search for programmes on the "catch-up"
services as well as future broadcasts.

That was my assumption too. The problem with Panasonic is that they have
never had the facility to search an EPG! Even my now-defunct Humax 9200T
could do that 10 years ago.

--

Jeff