Old July 13th 17, 07:35 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

Default channel line-up

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
The Freeview TV guide (the LCN) is set to be updated and expanded on
Wednesday, 2 August. Some channels will be moving to new numbers and
viewers may need to retune to ensure they have the latest channel line-up,
where this isn’t automatic.

So they think that we "need" to retune our box just to change the channel
number allocation

why would anybody think that this *needs* to be done?

WTF does it matter what number a channel is allocated to when watching it.
I select a channel by its name not a number

These people live in a different world to "real" people.

and once again, retuning my box comes with significant inconvenience, why
would I want to suffer this unnecessarily?

tim