Old July 13th 17, 08:22 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

Default Freeview Explore

I missed this a few weeks ago:
https://www.freeview.co.uk/news-and-blog/press-releases/freeview-play-users-to-get-even-more-from-their-tv-with-launch-of-freeview-explore.html

"Freeview Explore will roll out on Freeview Play TVs and set-top boxes
this month and paves the way for Freeview to build a deeper relationship
with viewers. From today, users can search for programmes by genre or
programme name. The service features a scrolling carousel of 10 genres*
with recommendations from Freeview Play’s supported broadcasters
displaying in a new image-rich menu."

Well, the search facility would be useful. But the "recommendations"? No
thanks.

I haven't seen the change on my 2015/6 Panasonic TV yet. Will I? Looking at
https://www.freeview.co.uk/news-and-blog/press-releases/freeview-and-panasonic-unveil-exciting-new-features-for-2017-tvs.html
it seems a bit ambiguous. The Freeview Play "search" feature is supposed
to be appearing on the 2017 model range. Or is it just that it will
/first/ appear on the new range, and a software update will later apply
it to earlier models?

--

Jeff