Old July 10th 17, 03:17 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default an easy way to share files and a strange thing in a BBC programme

I am helping with a closed user group on Facebook. We have pinned a page
to the head of the list that contains links to Dropbox files that are
for permanent reference. We don't want the whole darned contents of the
files displayed in Facebook because if they are pinned to top of the
list it will be a nuisance and if they aren't they will move down and be
forgotten.

Many of the 150 subscribers are elderly and/or daft and some complain
that they don't use Dropbox. I have assured them that they don't need
to; they just need to open the link. Can someone assure me that Dropbox
links can be opened without having loaded the Dropbox app?

Can anyone suggest any other way I can put a link on the Facebook page
that will simply open and won't involve Dropbox, and will work on every
sort of computer, old or new?

Here is a Dropbox link to try.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n217f6fyod...6604a.jpg?dl=0

The link shows a screengrab from the programme 'Horizon: volcanoes in
space'. It was a fairly brief shot but during it the focus stayed the
same. Was this a mistake or are they just trying to be arty or what? I
think it's ridiculous.

Bill