Old July 7th 17, 11:28 AM posted to
Default Horizon 2017: Strange Signals from Outer Space

On 07/07/2017 09:40, tim... wrote:

"Phi" wrote in message
Not much original science content in this programme and the narrator
keeps repeating what the scientists say.

I think that looking for ET is nothing more than a child's game

If we do (somehow) find this information what the **** are we going to
do with it? How does it help mankind?

So you wouldn't want to listen to:

"This is the Western Spiral Arm broadcasting service. Today's theme is
how primitive races can build their first fusion generators. Research
on over 300 planets has shown these generators are a key step for long
term survival of all carbon-based life forms. So we shall be including
a detailed specification for a generator, manufacturing techniques for
key components, and - crucially - the colour scheme for the components
and controls."