Old June 21st 17, 11:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Default tv aerial masts

On 21/06/2017 12:05, Stephen wrote:
Hello,

I am some distance from the tv transmitter, so I may need a masthead
amp. I can get into the loft to install an aerial but I'm not brave
enough to go on the outside and put an aerial at height.

Considering that my signal may already be weak, is it worth trying to
DIY an aerial in the loft, or should I just pay someone to fit an
external one?

If going along the diy route, should I buy an aluminium or steel pole?
I don't suppose it makes much difference to a short section inside a
loft? What are the pros and cons of the different metals outdoors?

1. Try a loft aerial. First read this
http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/article...sat-201007.pdf
He's a very clever chap him as wrote that. The article answers your mast
question as well as giving other vital information.

2. If necessary add a masthead amplifier.

3. If still no good put the aerial outside.

4. If still no good get Freesat.

Bill