Old June 21st 17, 12:30 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher[_2_]

Default tv aerial masts

On 21/06/17 12:20, jim wrote:
Stephen Wrote in message:
Hello,

I am some distance from the tv transmitter, so I may need a masthead
amp. I can get into the loft to install an aerial but I'm not brave
enough to go on the outside and put an aerial at height.

Considering that my signal may already be weak, is it worth trying to
DIY an aerial in the loft, or should I just pay someone to fit an
external one?

If going along the diy route, should I buy an aluminium or steel pole?
I don't suppose it makes much difference to a short section inside a
loft? What are the pros and cons of the different metals outdoors?

Thanks,
Stephen.

Steel rusts?

I didn't use a pole at all in my loft. Juts laid the antenna down on the
joists and lined it up using a compass and a map/

--
"What do you think about Gay Marriage?"
"I don't."