Old June 14th 17, 11:03 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default Parliamentary mathematician needed

On Tuesday, 13 June 2017 20:41:04 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
No they don't they are probably in the pub.
They have what is called a division.

They have eight minutes to get to a lobby IIRC.

In my view this need to be changed. There should be free annon votes just
like we have in the elections.

No because they represent us and I want to know how my MP is voting on my behalf. The exception would be internal elections in parliament e.g. speaker and select committee chairs.

Seems to me that a lot of those who don't
want to be pinned down are mysteriously missing when a contentious vote
takes place.

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
On 13/06/2017 08:45, Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't start it here as well. its a pointless exercise, there are just too
many variiables to actually come down to a true number. After all how
often
do you see all the benches filled when they need a vote?
Brian

They don't have to be on the benches to vote. They somehow just crawl out
of the woodwork.
--
Cheers,
Roger