Old June 10th 17, 05:33 PM posted to
Default told you so

Well since on the radio they cannot get a decent connection from a counting
hall I'm not surprised the pictures were rubbish as well to be honest.

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
On 10/06/2017 11:07, Woody wrote:
It was clear but amazing how many OBs were done using a phone on 4G -
even whilst moving on a Battle Bus - and the quality of picture that

Although 4G is capable of a connection speed in excess of 100 Mb/s, (I
measured 96 Mb/s down and 13 Mb/s up the other day on my phone).

13 megs is more than enough to transmit a good quality TV picture,
particular using modern codecs, and is more than the bandwidth available
on a standard SNG uplink. The broadcasters aren't using phones either, so
there must be other factors at play here ?