Old May 22nd 17, 12:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mike Tomlinson[_2_]

Default My TV has started 'posterizing'

En el artículo , Roger Mills
escribió:

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to the root cause? Is it likely to be
easily fixable?

Given the age, the first thing I would look at is the capacitors in the
power supply. They're likely to be failing, especially if the set runs
hot. This causes voltage changes on the PSU outputs which can cause all
kinds of weird symptoms, including the one you mention.

If it is the caps, it's a straightforward and cheap fix for anyone handy
with a multimeter, a screwdriver and a soldering iron.

If you come up with a model number, I'll see if I can find a circuit
diagram. I've got 118GB of diagrams for various TVs etc. here.

--
(\_/)
(")_(") the one I never tried before." - Mae West