Old April 20th 17, 10:09 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

Default Interactive tv

On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 10:00:03 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

Last month Netflix announced it would run be running a trial of
interactive tv later this year. Considering Netflix's audience is
skewed towards the younger generations, I dread to think what the
outcome will be. See this article:

"Love a happy ending? Netflix starts working on technology that
will allow viewers to decide how the story unfolds via their
remote

what's the point of deciding how a program's going to end before you watch
it

surely that takes all the suspense out of watching it

Agreed. I remember this concept first appearing in book form, and
regarding it then as interesting but pointless. I don't see how
television could improve it, as you can't augment the merit of
something that has none to begin with.

Rod.