Old April 19th 17, 12:42 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

Default Interactive tv

On 18/04/2017 20:17, Graham Murray wrote:
"Brian Gaff" writes:

Many many years ago one of the much vaunted plus points of tv delivered
over the internet was interactive programs. Whatever happened to that?
We could all vote in the election or referenda weekly if we wanted to then.

The same with DVDs, at specified points you could make a choice as to
which path to take. For example, a scene where 2 (or more) main
characters are in a pub, when one of them leaves giving you the choice
of whether to follow the character leaving or the one
remaining. However, the only DVDs which I have seen which offer this are
concert DVDs where different camera angles are offered for some
'tracks'.

I don't like the idea of having to choose how the plot develops - that's
the writer's job - though sub-plots and series story arcs could be optional.

It would be more useful to be able to decide, in advance, how much time
should be devoted to the various elements, and how they are depicted.
You might want 20 minutes of car chase, or just a minute or two, with
the outcome being the same. And how long and violent do you want the
fight scenes? (Needless to say, love scenes could be adjustable in
various ways.)

Perhaps, more controversially, other factors could be adjustable, such
as how much diversity and which sexualities are depicted - like in the
various versions of /The Children's Hour/ where the indiscretion
depicted may be lesbianism or marital infidelity.

--
Max Demian