Old April 16th 17, 05:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

Default This 'new channels' game

On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 16:19:51 GMT, Johnny B Good
wrote:

Advertising has been such an all pervading and insidious part our lives
since the advent of TV advertising (over half a century ago in the UK)
that it's almost impossible to completely shake off its influence on our
purchasing habits even when we're actively trying to nullify its effect.

You can shake off most of their influence if you don't watch them,
either by using the skip button on playback, or by editing out the
advert breaks before watching.

It also saves an enormous amount of your time. A programme that has
been put in a 2 hour time slot will usually have an actual running
time of about 1hr 30min.

Rod.