Old April 14th 17, 09:45 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

Default This 'new channels' game

The idea sounds OK but the problem is that adverts very seldom work any more
so I see a crash not very far into the future when advertisers realise the
goose that laid the Golden Egg has been deceased for some time now. Then
maybe we will see us all having to pay for all channels and there will be a
huge shake up of what is being made.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
read my posts! :-)
"The Other John" wrote in message
news
You seem to have forgotten Brian that the primary function of these
channels is to deliver advertising. So called 'programmes' are a
necessary evil to fill the gaps therein, so they buy the cheapest dross
they can find. The simplest solution is to edit your channel list and you
end up with about half a dozen of the least worst!

--
TOJ.