Old April 10th 17, 07:01 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

Default Parker's mike

On 09/04/17 23:56, Graham. wrote:
On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 20:33:35 +0100, Bill Wright
wrote:

On the Halifax advert Parker the chauffeur's microphone is actually a
belling socket.

Bill

I actually noticed that a couple of days ago. meant to post something
here, but forgot.

There was quite a lot of familiar electronics stuff in the shows, one
can imagine Gerry and Sylvia touring the electronics emporia on
Tottenham Court Road for props. Props from proops!

I spent many an hour in the late 50s and early 60s down the Tottenham
Court Road in Proops, Z & I Aero, and the like. But let's not forget
Lisle St. There were a lot of great shops there too.

None left in London for many years AFAIAA, and I know of only one shop
in the UK now which sells old government surplus electronics gear (in
Lincoln). Are there any others?

--

Jeff