Old April 5th 17, 06:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

Default Smart tvs dumb

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
You know this term of smart tv does seem to be a strange one. In most
cases they are not smart, indeed many are almost impossible to work by
ordinary people who do not have a 7 year old child around.
I was talking to a friend of mine who reckoned her cheapo Sainsburies tv
basic freeview with hd tv, was far easier to use than the Samsung one she
used to have, as she never could figure out the so called smart stuff.
I do wonder thinking about this, if we are not building thigs to inflate
the egos of the designers. Its a bit like the kings new clothes. Its cool
to have all the extra stuff but how many people actually use them?

My TV's got a full web browser

but it' impractical to use with the remote control

I can plug in a mouse and keyboard, but with me sitting on my sofa and the
TV across the room, what's the point?

tim