Old April 5th 17, 07:56 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Smart tvs dumb

You know this term of smart tv does seem to be a strange one. In most cases
they are not smart, indeed many are almost impossible to work by ordinary
people who do not have a 7 year old child around.
I was talking to a friend of mine who reckoned her cheapo Sainsburies tv
basic freeview with hd tv, was far easier to use than the Samsung one she
used to have, as she never could figure out the so called smart stuff.
I do wonder thinking about this, if we are not building thigs to inflate
the egos of the designers. Its a bit like the kings new clothes. Its cool to
have all the extra stuff but how many people actually use them?