Old April 4th 17, 08:51 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tim+[_4_]

Default Subtitle Disaster

Martin wrote:
On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 09:11:30 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Like with AD you will probably find nobody actually noticed or even viewed
it before it went out. I do know that there were numerous complaints about
one Dr Who episode where the AD was chopped off all the way through, even on
the I player feed a few years ago. Had somebody actually listened to it it
might not have been allowed to go out like that.

Nobody cares any more, sadly.

The viewers still do :-)

Subtitle mistakes in the means are never corrected after the first transmission
of a news report.

A bit like typos in Usenet... ;-)

Tim

--