Old March 31st 17, 03:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Kenny

Default A couple of quick Qs about freesat...

"Indy Jess John" wrote in message ...

On 26/03/2017 12:47, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Saturday, 25 March 2017 17:15:21 UTC, Michael Chare wrote:
On 25/03/2017 14:31, Tim+ wrote:
My sister has moved into a rented house in the middle of nowhere with
b*gger all terrestrial reception but it does have a dish with a double
cable.

I presume this means that she can use a freesat box or PVR with twin
tuners? (I know nothing about sat).

She may only be in this property for a few months so may not want to
invest
too much in a freesat pvr. Can anyone recommend a decent budget brand
or
advise of any ones to avoid?

Tim

For PVRs see https://forums.digitalspy.com/catego...esat-recorders

Make sure that any one you get supports DVB-S2.

Some TVs do come with a Satellite Tuner.

and even more weirdly on some it is / was undocumented. A neighbours LG
42UB580V actually had a mutli satellite DVB-S2 tuner, not described in the
English manual at all.

Look for an unexpected F-Connector next to the coaxial aerial socket.

--
Michael Chare

I bought a LG TV a couple of years ago. It had a F connector that
wasn't mentioned in the manual. When I connected it to my dish it tuned
in all the freesat channels.
I still use Freeview through the normal aerial connector though.

Jim
I have a Sony 55" bought about 6 months ago, it has a satellite tuner but
it's not Freesat. It will tune all available channels with all the regional
variations etc. and it's time consuming sorting them into some sort of
order. Found a program called Sony Editor he
https://www.sony.de/electronics/supp...loads/Z0002452 which helps a
bit, it can be installed in German or English. It's a version of another
commercial program but I can't remember the name.

Kenny