Old March 30th 17, 04:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

Default TV socket charge up

I was plugging the aerial back in the back of a reasonably modern telly last
week and got a bit of a shock, well quite a big one actually off the socket
and the plug. the plug goes straight to an aerial, no amps or anything so
the whole thing has to be electrostatic I guess. I had assumed once crts
went that none of this sort of charging would happen but it seems not.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
read my posts! :-)