Old March 25th 17, 02:42 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default A couple of quick Qs about freesat...

On 25/03/2017 14:31, Tim+ wrote:
My sister has moved into a rented house in the middle of nowhere with
b*gger all terrestrial reception but it does have a dish with a double
cable.

I presume this means that she can use a freesat box or PVR with twin
tuners? (I know nothing about sat).

Yes she can.

She may only be in this property for a few months so may not want to invest
too much in a freesat pvr. Can anyone recommend a decent budget brand or
advise of any ones to avoid?

You might find a few standard definition ones at very low prices if you
hunt around.
European non-Freesat receivers and PVRs (SD and HD) will work but don't
have the programme guide and the channels will be in a funny order.
If she only wants an SD receiver (no PVR) I have a few new boxed ones
that she could have for next to nowt.

Bill