Old March 19th 17, 09:25 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Hall[_2_]

Default serving the public

In message , Max
Demian writes
On 18/03/2017 16:26, Bill Wright wrote:
For many years I've used a particular butcher. I must have spent
thousands in that shop. I believe in building up a relationship.
Yesterday I asked for something I often buy: beef dripping (it makes
fantastic roasties).
"Don't keep it any more."
"Why?"
"Not many people wanted it." He shrugged and turned away.

Is butcher's dripping any better than the stuff you can buy at
supermarkets, e.g. "Britannia" brand? That's too bland for me. I used
to like home made beef dripping, in a pudding basin, with jelly
underneath. A rare treat on bread or toast in a middle class home.

And in our very much working-class home too.
--
John Hall
"One can certainly imagine the myriad of uses