Old March 19th 17, 02:19 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default serving the public

On 18/03/2017 23:04, Max Demian wrote:
On 18/03/2017 16:26, Bill Wright wrote:
For many years I've used a particular butcher. I must have spent
thousands in that shop. I believe in building up a relationship.
Yesterday I asked for something I often buy: beef dripping (it makes
fantastic roasties).
"Don't keep it any more."
"Why?"
"Not many people wanted it." He shrugged and turned away.

Is butcher's dripping any better than the stuff you can buy at
supermarkets, e.g. "Britannia" brand?

It seems to be.

That's too bland for me. I used to
like home made beef dripping, in a pudding basin, with jelly underneath.
A rare treat on bread or toast in a middle class home.

Pork dripping is better for that purpose in my opinion.

Bill