Old March 18th 17, 09:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

Default serving the public

On Sat, 18 Mar 2017 21:55:19 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

For many years I've used a particular butcher. I must have spent thousands
in that shop. I believe in building up a relationship. Yesterday I asked
for something I often buy: beef dripping (it makes fantastic roasties).

Apparently the latest trendy thing is goose fat - jars of it are common in
various stores.

Hardly the latest thing. I've been using it on bread and toast for
many years instead of olive-oil-based spreads, the taste of which I
strongly dislike. Goose fat often tastes a bit like dripping and is
full of unsaturates; not quite as good as olive oil, but a lot better
than butter or dripping. The softer it is in the jar, the more
unsaturated fat/oil it contains. Tesco's Finest is very good. Spreads
straight from the fridge. In fact if you don't keep it in the fridge
it goes quite runny.

Try Mascarpone cheese (Sainsbury's is best) instead of butter, on
fresh brown bread, with jam. I've no idea if it's good for me, but it
tastes so nice it probably isn't. And I don't care.

Rod.

---
http://www.avg.com