Old March 18th 17, 03:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default TV system conversion

At the time when when I was a baby the only way was to point a camera at
a screen. Results were unimpressive.

By 1964 things had moved on and conversion was electronic. The equipment
had 2,000 transistors and occupied two full height racks.
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/sta...number=5266568

I have just bought a gadget that converts TVI and AHD to HDMI, VGA, and
CVBS. It handles 720p and 1080p at all frame rates. All VGA modes are
supported. CVBS is PAL or NTSC, 25 or 30fps.

This device is the size of a paperback book and cost £55. It works
perfectly. I would love to go back in time and show it to the engineers
of 1950!

If anyone's interested it's a Scatterbox CNV200.

Bill