Old March 14th 17, 02:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

Default Please recommend a DTT PVR

In article ,
Chris Hogg wrote:
On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 14:41:58 +0000, Graham.
wrote:

On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 13:44:43 +0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

On 14/03/2017 13:02, fred wrote:
My ageing mum has just moved house to no Sky (and box with record) -
DTT only.
Please recommend a PVR. I believe I saw one in Tesco at ~ 130.
Simplicity of use (not masses of features) is paramount.
Thanks.

We're all ageing. Your mum is probably aged.

Bill

Aged is such an odd and unnecessary word. It's a euphemism for
decrepit. There are quite a few others, elderly, senior citizens,
pensioners, concessions, veterans, (x)generians.
Must be loads more.

Oi! I object! I am elderly, a senior citizen, a pensioner, a
septuagenarian and might be described as aged, but I'm far from
decrepit! :-)

and we feel insulted by the pictogram road sign

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England