Old March 12th 17, 02:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

Default Upgrade on Humax You view box

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 12:58:01 +0000, Davey wrote:

On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 12:24:31 +0000
Jeff Layman wrote:

On 12/03/17 10:02, Dean Jackson wrote:
How are users finding the recent menu upgrade that is being
introduced to Youview boxes? I much preferred the old menu list
system. D.J.

Can't say, as I don't have one.

But, IMHO, just about anything which refers to itself as "New,
improved..." is telling a porkie as far as the second term is
concerned.

And ANY reference to 'Enhanced Customer Experience' is to be run a mile
from. Hopefully Humax don't do that.

Not quite, but each new generation of Humax software is inferior to the
previous
generation. It would help if they did the minimum of debugging before
releasing
it, at least they might make some attempt to fix obvious bugs.

my new Hummy fixed the bug on the old one where back to back recordings (one
to finish at 10:00 and the next to start at 10:00) sometimes resulted in the
second one not being recorded at all (bug not restricted to programs on the
same channel)

But at the same time took out about 16 useful features

tim

--

Martin in Zuid Holland