Old March 9th 17, 07:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

Default vision v40-104 modulators.... where can I get instructions fromthe internet?

Can any kind soul

That's me. I'm a kind soul.

provide a link to where I can find e-instructions for the

Vision V40-104 modulators?

also has anyone ever succeeded in using adjacent UHF channels with these DSB

modulators? Wondering if i can use UHF Chs 61, 63, 65 and 67 in addition?

Thank you in anticipation

Stephen

If your email address works you have mail. It's a bit crumpled.

Fabulous... I have recieved your email and printed it off.... It will help me enormously with the 5 v40-104s i have to date.

Also, I have a few of these spare because I'm in the process of
abandoning analogue CCTV distribution at home. I have disconnected ten
from the mains and reckon I will save about £60 per year in leccy.

replacing with DVB-T2 mods that can take 4 inputs by any chance? They are pricey...

Or are you abandoning analogue CCTV completely? How will you view the cameras on the lounge or bedroom TV sets?

They are OK for every second channel use but not adjacent. However you
can use them adjacent at ch-1 next to a broadcast mux. In other words,
if the mux is on 51 you can use one on 50, but not on 52.

I never knew that.... That's a useful piece of information.... Thats given me a few extra channels, 23 and 26 as one of my aerials is on Sandy Heath, and ch 38 between Sandy Heath and Sutton Coldfield.

If you use channels outside broadcast bear in mind that the new users
will be shoving all sorts of ****e down your aerial.

Already prepared for that... I have 4 Televes Avant 5s, two are used for processing the 4 TV aerials and the 3rd unit is for the CCTV modulators, and the 4th is a hot spare. (the four outputs are combined and then sent to a Triax multiswitch)

As always, when combining modulators and modulators and off-air, always
use single channel pass filters.

The Televes Avant 5 have 10 filters in it... :-) so with 4 of these, I have up to 40 filters available on tap

Bill