Old March 9th 17, 07:28 AM posted to
Default Hybrid electric generators

Ian Jackson wrote:
There's just been an item on the 10:30pm BBC 1 local news for London
about using a hybrid generator to supply the electricity for the
operations to demolish a Ford site in Dagenham.

The hybrid generator uses diesel and electricity - so when it's running
on electricity, it's using electricity to generate electricity.

Are we approaching the time when efficiencies of more than 100% can be

Unless you can provide a link to the original story I think either you or
the broadcaster has misunderstood/misquoted something.

A quick internet search suggests that hybrid generators have a battery bank
to supply power during times of low power demand when the generator would
normally be working at low efficiency.

Please don't feed the trolls