Old February 27th 17, 09:27 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Where can I find the frequency plan for post 700 MHz switchover?

Well, for radio channels most freeview feeds are in mono, and I tend now to
use DAb or the internet as at least many are Stereo, not commercial on dab
though, so the internet with its terribly complicated different front ends
surely stops people listening rather than encouraging it.
In my view at least national stations on the web should have their feeds
all one one platform.

"Woody" wrote in message
news

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , Woody
writes

wrote in message
I have 4 TV aerials on my house, Sandy Heath, Oxford, Sutton
Coldfield and Waltham.

Via a few Televes Avant 5's, I have combined all 4 aerials so all
TVs get all four regions of ITV, BBC1, Oxford TV and 17 odd BBC
local radio.

I know that all four transmitters will have some changes as part of
the 700 MHz clearance programme, but where can I find the post 700
MHz clearance allocations?

Time was when such was a good idea, but given that the only
differences between the regions are the local news and Inside Out on
BBC, why bother?

And, of course, you can get all the different regions via satellite.

As for combining terrestrial aerials, how are you doing this? In the days
of analogue, simply using a wide spitter/combiner could (and, more often,
would) result in an unacceptable amount of multipath echoes. To do it
successfully, you had to ensure that each group of channels was
adequately filtered before the various frequencies were combined.
However, I suppose that digital may be more tolerant, and you might get
away with it.

Yes but how, for instance, can you watch more than one BBC mux? Agreed the
TV may ask you after tuning which region you want to watch but thereafter
the only way you can change that is to retune.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com