Old February 24th 17, 08:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tim+[_4_]

Default Motorhome tv dead?

Bill Wright wrote:
On 24/02/2017 18:37, Tim+ wrote:
Our small Cello TV/DVD combo in our motorhome has always behaved perfectly
but today despite excellent signal strength from Black Hill (we're
currently parked up east of Peebles), a channel scan is producing zilch.

We have a Fringe UHF TV signal finder so we're pretty happy that we're
getting a good signal. It has worked in this location before. I'm guessing
that vibration has done for something internally. Is there much prospect
for a repair? Worth opening it up myself and having a gander? Any common
faults to look for?

Tim

Remove the aerial from the TV socket and touch the centre pin with a
small screwdriver as a temporary aerial. If that receives anything at
all your proper aerial is faulty.

Tried that. Nada.

Does the aerial have an amplifier that might need power to it?

Aerial plug shorted inside?

Both checked. Both okay. I fear something is broke inside.

Please don't feed the trolls