Old February 24th 17, 06:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

Default Local Muxes from Hannington

On 23/02/17 20:00, Mark Carver wrote:
On 23/02/2017 19:52, Bill Wright wrote:
On 23/02/2017 17:43, Mark Carver wrote:
Hannington is now carrying the two local muxes to serve Reading (UHF Ch
29) and Basingstoke (UHF Ch 51)

Local TV eh? I don't know how you're managing to type. Your hands must
be shaking with excitement.

I've got a feeling it's the start of the longest test transmission
in history. I suspect Ofcom will have flogged off everything from DC to
light, before the Basingstoke local TV station actually gets off the ground.

Well, we've had Solent here for some time. I don't think I've ever
watched anything on it for more than a couple of minutes. That's mainly
due to the puke-inducing colour of the studio - a sort of grubby
off-pink. I think that money must have been so short that an order went
out to find the cheapest paint available. This colour must have been in
the storeroom for years, and before Solent came along they couldn't even
give it away!

--

Jeff