Old February 23rd 17, 08:33 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jim Lesurf[_2_]

Default New TV channel for BBC in Scotland

In article ,
Norman Wells wrote:
"David Kennedy" wrote in message
o.uk...

3. If the Scots want their own news and programs then a) do you care enough to
deny it to them? and b) what are your reasons for doing it?

The UK is in general blanketed with English news; why not let the rest of the
country have a crack? It's not as if they're going to either force you to watch it
if you don't want to or prevent you from watching it if you do.

But meanwhile, I'll be paying for it through my licence fee.

So what? I pay for radio 5 / sport though my licence fee.

It's not free. It won't even come cheap. The question is whether I want to pay for
it if I'll get no benefit.

Note that until recently, according to a recent statement I heard, the
licence fee income from Scotland was greater than the BBC spend in
Scotland. One argument for the new channel is to bring this into balance.