Old February 23rd 17, 10:22 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David Kennedy[_2_]

Default New TV channel for BBC in Scotland

On 23/02/2017 09:01, Norman Wells wrote:
"David Kennedy" wrote in message
o.uk...

3. If the Scots want their own news and programs then a) do you care enough
to deny it to them? and b) what are your reasons for doing it?

The UK is in general blanketed with English news; why not let the rest of
the country have a crack? It's not as if they're going to either force you
to watch it if you don't want to or prevent you from watching it if you do.

But meanwhile, I'll be paying for it through my licence fee.

No. You won't. That's part of their grievance - and part of my reply. Most of
the Scottish license fee is spent topping up English programming...

It's not free. It won't even come cheap. The question is whether I want to
pay for it if I'll get no benefit.

And the answer to that is generally 'no'.

See above

PS get a life.

--
David Kennedy