Old February 23rd 17, 08:47 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default 5Star Channel

Yes indeed. I mentioned this some weeks back with regard to one of the cbs
channels vanishing on a non hd box even though it was in listings as not hd.
The old boxes once the stations get cramped into the even smaller band will
all be on the hd standard compression which is more efficient meaning we all
need a new tv/box when that happens. For us blindies there has in the past
been no point in buying hd capable stuff, but come the new system, we are
going to have to fork out for them.

"Davey" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 01:38:12 +0000
Davey wrote:

I happened on a programme on 5Star+1 tonight, on Ch. 55, using my
Humax PVR, which receives input from Freeview, Freeview HD, and the
internet. I switched to the TV set, which is a non-HD receiving set,
and there was no Ch. 55, but there was Ch. 30, 5Star.
What's happening here? A retune of the TV set made no difference. Is
the +1 channel distributed over DVB-2, or the internet?
All I can find on the website is that 5Star+1 is available on Ch. 55,
which is no help if the set won't receive it.
My transmitter is Tacolneston.

Any help welcome.

I think I may have answered my own question. I see that 5Star+1 is
broadcast using COM8, which I assume is not receivable on my non-HD
TV set, but presumably is by the Humax.
Not that this is really confusing, but...

--
Davey.