Old February 23rd 17, 06:28 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Pete Forman[_2_]

Default 5Star Channel

Davey writes:

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 01:38:12 +0000
Davey wrote:

I happened on a programme on 5Star+1 tonight, on Ch. 55, using my
Humax PVR, which receives input from Freeview, Freeview HD, and the
internet. I switched to the TV set, which is a non-HD receiving set,
and there was no Ch. 55, but there was Ch. 30, 5Star.
What's happening here? A retune of the TV set made no difference. Is
the +1 channel distributed over DVB-2, or the internet?
All I can find on the website is that 5Star+1 is available on Ch. 55,
which is no help if the set won't receive it.
My transmitter is Tacolneston.

Any help welcome.

I think I may have answered my own question. I see that 5Star+1 is
broadcast using COM8, which I assume is not receivable on my non-HD
TV set, but presumably is by the Humax.
Not that this is really confusing, but...

5Star+1 is broadcast in SD over DVB-T2 on COM8. Your TV is unable to
receive DVB-T2 and so can't show it. The original DVB-T carries SD only.
DVB-T2 carries SD and HD, though mostly HD.

--
Pete Forman
https://payg-petef.rhcloud.com