I am curious about some of this:
1. If the new channel is to be called BBC Scotland, will there still
be a BBC One Scotland? Will this not cause confusion?
2. It is claimed there will be a 'prominent' slot on the epg so I
assume this means availability on Freeview. I assume SD as there is
no mention of HD?
3. The report goes on to say this will be available on iPlayer in HD
in Scotland and across UK. Does this breach platform neutrality rules
by offering HD on one platform and not the others?
4. If broadcast from 7pm to midnight every evening where will the
capacity come from? Alba meant losing most of the radio stations so
what will be lost to make way for this new channel?
5. This includes £19m in new money and £11m from programmes currently
made for BBC Two in Scotland. Does this imply an end to BBC Two
6. What is the point of offering an integrated hour-long news
programme at 9pm on a minority channel rather than the 'Scottish Six'
on BBC One? This sounds like incurring the same cost for a very much