Old February 20th 17, 01:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

Default Missing channels?

"Peter Duncanson" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 07:49:43 -0000, "Woody"

wrote:

"Kenny" wrote in message
news:[email protected] .com...
I'm in Derry, NI and wondering why I don't get CH4 HD and some
other
channels. According to
http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/channels/channel_listings
I should be getting all channels in NI. The "missing" ones are
listed as from Mux COM7 HD which doesn't appear in the list for
the
Limavady transmitter I'm using, here's what's the
Limavady
BBC A D3&4 BBC B HD SDN ARQ A ARQ B
This is a main, not relay, transmitter and I'm fairly certain the
"missing" channels like CH4 HD, Vintage TV and Aljazeera were
there
there before they started messing about at the analogue switch
off.
Have I lost these extra channels permanently?

Kenny Cargill

Never say never, but clearly Limavady is not one of the main sites
that has the extended channel set, Divis is the only site carrying
them in Northern Ireland. Unfortunately it doesn't look as though
there are any main stations in Scotland that could help either.
Ultimately at present your only option for 4HD is Freesat.

However opinion on this newsgroup is that is well less than a decade
the whole of the UK will move to DVB-T2 which is currently used for
HD, and that, as it is a more efficient modulation technique,
could
mean you will get the additional channels.

The DigitalUK website coverage checker gives this list of channels
available at an address in Main Street, Limavady, from the Limavady
transmitter. It includes CH4 HD:
http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragec...ert4i9q5hvn9i3

--

Read it again Peter, he lives in Derry and Limavady is his serving Tx.
Only Divis transmits Com7/8 and the maps indicate that on the high

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com