Old February 20th 17, 08:58 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Missing channels?

And of course all older boxes unable to get the hd ones now will end up as
door stops.

"Woody" wrote in message
news

"Kenny" wrote in message
om...
I'm in Derry, NI and wondering why I don't get CH4 HD and some other
channels. According to
http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/channels/channel_listings
I should be getting all channels in NI. The "missing" ones are listed as
from Mux COM7 HD which doesn't appear in the list for the Limavady
transmitter I'm using, here's what's the
Limavady
BBC A D3&4 BBC B HD SDN ARQ A ARQ B
This is a main, not relay, transmitter and I'm fairly certain the
"missing" channels like CH4 HD, Vintage TV and Aljazeera were there there
before they started messing about at the analogue switch off.
Have I lost these extra channels permanently?

Kenny Cargill

Never say never, but clearly Limavady is not one of the main sites that
has the extended channel set, Divis is the only site carrying them in
Northern Ireland. Unfortunately it doesn't look as though there are any
main stations in Scotland that could help either. Ultimately at present
your only option for 4HD is Freesat.

However opinion on this newsgroup is that is well less than a decade the
whole of the UK will move to DVB-T2 which is currently used for HD, and
that, as it is a more efficient modulation technique, could mean you
will get the additional channels.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com