Old February 18th 17, 01:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_3_]

Default Humax overheating

In article , lid
says...

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 09:25:54 -0000
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

That temperature seems a little low for it to complain. I bet there
is something else going on or perhaps a chip with no temp sensor is
getting even hotter.

I have computer chips that run hotter than that when very busy.
Brian

Maybe, but that is what the Diagnostic page showed, in bright red, as
'Failing Now', so that's what I took as the problem. It's labelled
'Airflow Temp', so may not represent an actual chip temperature, which
might be higher.

That is "normal" and what mine did all the time until I put the software
on let me run the fan all the time.

Overnight, with no external fan, it's now at 31 deg. C.

But that is not. Crumbs!

Perhaps your internal fan has just packed up?

The other puzzle is that there is an indicator on the front panel which
shows, in a tiny font, 'FULL', but the 1TB HDD is only ~70% full. I
can't say whether this is new or not, I never usually look that closely
at the front panel, I always use the remote control for everything.

I have never seen that on mine. Might be worth a question in the forum
on the Humax community website?