Old February 13th 17, 07:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

Default OT Euronews

On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 10:18:30 -0800 (PST), "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:

On Monday, 13 February 2017 16:30:51 UTC, Graham. wrote:
On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 07:28:24 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Monday, 13 February 2017 10:35:35 UTC, Dave W wrote:
semiretired wrote

Euronews is broadcast loud and clear at 28E
It has been removed from Freesat, as is well known.
Can anybody please explain why it does not tune in
under "other channels"?
Thanks in advance.

You'll need to specify what receiver you're using, as "other channels" is
not a phrase used by every receiver under the sun as you seem to think. It
tunes in perfectly well on my Humax Foxsat, but I have to go to non-Freesat
mode to do it.
--
Dave W

Technomate TM-F3/5 has it.
Manhatten Plaza HD-52 does not.

The Manhattan is a Freesat receiver, so I did not expect to find
Euronews on its menu system, following the owners decision to
remove it.

It was my understanding that tuning "other channels" would access
anything else at 28E. To my surprise Euronews did not appear.

Don't you have to tune it in manually?
11.464GHz - Hor pol - SR=22000 FEC=5/6

Normally not most receivers should find it automatically if rescanned.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

OK so let's ask if he is getting the other FTA services on the
transponder. eg. TV One, Nollywood Movies, Prime TV.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%