Old February 10th 17, 07:59 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Subtitle fun

My OCR software consistently changes lower case l into I when you read it
it can be very funny at times. As I live near a place called Malden Rushet.
Maiiden Ru**** is hardly the same.

"Woody" wrote in message
news

"Davey" wrote in message
news
I know that the subtitles are often wrong, and even funny, but I did
like the BBC lunchtime news informing us that there had been a Turkish
parrot in the US for the last 18 months. I even played it back to
check, and yes, that's what it said.

Glorious.

You should have heard Diana Speed on the 8 radio news on Today this
morning - talking about people 'waiting in A&E for over four years - er
over four hours.......'

Freudian slip?

--
Woody